Today I made Kichdi. It’s a little different as I made it in a frying pan and also added soya bean to give it a little variation over traditional kichdi.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total Cooktime: 40 minutes.
- 1/4th tsp Jeera
- 1/4th tsp mustard seeds
- Soya bean
- 70 gms rice
- 40 gms Masoor dal
- 40 gms Toor Dal
- Mustard Oil
- Garam Masala
- Turmeric powder
- Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 Onion
- Chopped Carrot
- Coriander leaves
Steps I followed:
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add Jeera and Mustard Seeds in it and fry it for some time.
- Mix Rice, Masoor Dal and Toor Daal together and wash them properly and then add it in the pan.
- Add salt, garam masala, red chilly powder and stir the mixture.
- Soak the soya bean in water. Meanwhile chop the carrot , onion and coriander leaves.
- Add half cup water and the again stir the mixture and then add the soaked soya beans, chopped carrots, onions and coriender leaves.
- Stir for five minutes and then add a cup of water.
- Allow the rice too cook. It will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- After the water dries up, add oil and fry the rice.
- Then serve hot with Ghee/ butter
Please Like, Share and Comment.